Junior Textile Designer – Trina Turk
TITLE: Junior Textile Designer
California native, Trina Turk started her line in 1995, and from there has successfully evolved what began as a women’s contemporary clothing line into a lifestyle brand. Inspired by the multicultural mix, architecture, and landscape of Los Angeles and California, Trina Turk’s collections are full of the Season’s most casually sophisticated – and “must have” silhouettes. Trina Turk has stand-alone boutiques in Bal Harbour Shops, Burlingame, Fashion Island, Los Angeles, New York, Palm Springs, Dallas, Atlanta, Manhattan Beach and Chicago.. Design and production is headquartered minutes from Downtown Los Angeles in Alhambra California, where the corporate office is also located.
DESCRIPTION: This position will be responsible for assisting textile/ print development for Trina Turk apparel brands.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
– Develop prints – Redraw and clean up print artworks in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
– Create repeats, separate colors, colorways and engineered prints in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop.
– Color match and update digital color palettes for each season.
– Sending prints – Prepare print packages. Create print requests for both screen prints and digital prints.
– Coordinate prints – Work with mills to ensure strike-offs and sample yardages meet approved quality, scale and color.
– Confirm all deadlines are being met and correct information is communicated with vendors.
– Clearly expresses knowledge on print techniques to answer any questions from vendors.
– Help production team with print approval sheets for bulk orders.
– Maintain and organize strike-offs and sample yardage records.
– Maintain and organize CADs of past Trina Turk prints and dropped prints.
– Notate print changes and other functional office duties necessary to keep a balanced and organized work environment.
1. Minimum 2 years experience at an apparel manufacturer or textile company.
2. Technical efficiency and proficiency in Adobe Illustrator and Photoshop (Mac Platform).
3. Understanding of textile design methods, printing and production.
4. Self-motivated and also a team player.
5. Highly organized with a good work ethic and lots of energy/ great attitude.
6. Strong eye for detail, color, design, and composition.
7. Ability to follow instructions and communicate effectively.
8. Ability to multi-task and meet tight deadlines.
9. Strong sense of contemporary market and overall trend in fashion.