Graphic Designer – Treyarch
Treyarch is seeking a Graphic Designer with exceptional creative talent to bring vision to our game. This will be an onsite gig for approximately 6 months. [Santa Monica, CA]
Home to some of the industry’s best and brightest talent, Treyarch is an industry-leading game developer whose Call of Duty: Black Ops II set world-wide launch day records, and whose previous game Call of Duty®: Black Ops set an entertainment launch opening record upon its release in 2010 and continues to be one of the best-selling games of all time.
A successful candidate will have an ability to identify core design problem, communicate ideas, provide meaningful responses and design an aesthetically unique solution. This position will require you to be able to take a design and apply it in a number ways. Your designs will be used across an array of in-game formats from billboards to vehicles and more. The ideal candidate will be a self-starter and able to collaborate with different disciplines to create an imaginative and inspiring design solution. All graphic designers who seek to apply must be fluent in the creative suite.
What you’ll be doing:
• Work directly for the Associate Art Director to develop inspiring and innovative design solutions
• Knowledge of marketing fundamentals and ability to implement them to create dynamic advertising solutions
• Able to effectively visualize and create concepts into the end product, on photography style, imagery, typography, logo design/identities, and iconography
• Ability to work with all necessary disciplines to ensure that all assets appear in-game to specification and within technical constraints
• Work with production to prioritize your schedule and deliver assets that support the development goals of each milestone
• Ability to develop consumer case studies, brand guidelines, and style guides
• Work as a liaison between the legal department and the internal development team
• Manage and organize font database, legal approvals, and comprehensive list of in-game identities
The skills/experience you’ll need:
• 2+ years’ working experience as a graphic designer in the advertising or broadcast fields
• Solid design skills in print, web, and mobile
• Experience in collaborating with different disciplines to solve visual problems
• Strong portfolio demonstrating a breadth of visual creativity with the ability to adapt to any giving design challenge
• Additionally your portfolio should contain examples of incorporating photography, typography, logos, and iconography.
• Proficiency in standard graphic media applications, such as Photoshop, Illustrator, and InDesign are required
• Must be a good communicator who works well with a variety of personalities in an energetic team environment
And you’ll really get our attention if you have:
• Game industry experience on at least 1 commercially shipped title
• Additional experience in animation/motion graphic
• A Bachelor’s degree in Graphic Design.