Director, Video and Post Production
Director, Video and Post Production – Blizzard Entertainment
Job description: The director of video and post production is responsible for all aspects of the post production process required in producing video content for our players and internal clients.
This is a dynamic and growing part of our studio as we seek to engage and communicate with our players through new channels.
General duties include overseeing the smooth operation of Blizzard’s internal post production facility including evaluating new projects, managing client and library services, managing personnel attached to post production activities, including temporary and freelance editors, and approving final outputs of projects.
– Manage, maintain, and oversee all operations for Blizzard’s video and post production services and staff.
– Direct all aspects of creative and practical talent.
– Oversee studio production teams creating live-to-broadcast content.
– Drive awareness and adoption of current and future trends in content, production and distribution, as well as audience behavior.
– Drive Blizzard strategy through new channels and models.
– Work closely with partnered teams within Blizzard to maintain good communication and productive creative pipelines.
– Determine operational priorities and strategize with senior management to determine equipment and personnel for all video and post production operations.
– Review department workflows, procedures, and planning for future needs with producer and leads to ensure efficient operations and optimal response time.
– Establish preferred Blizzard relationships with area freelancers and post houses.
– Ensure team is always leveling up, provide guidance, and mentorship to grow team forward.
– Proactively seek to attract talent of the highest levels to Blizzard Entertainment.
Bachelor’s degree in Film, Media, Communications, related field or equivalent work experience
A minimum of 10 years’ progressive responsibility in new media content creation with a minimum of 3 years’ direct management experience
Demonstrated history of high-quality, high-impact video content creation for online audiences
Deep understanding of established and emerging trends in content consumption and audience habits
Exemplary organizational skills and the ability to direct multiple projects under tight deadlines
Proven track record of driving innovation and efficiency through all team levels
Proven track record of building and leading high performing, cross-discipline teams
Demonstrated experience evaluating and negotiating outside production service providers
Gaming industry experience a plus; passion for games preferred
Required Application Materials
**Only submittals with Cover Letters will be considered.
Blizzard Entertainment, Inc. and its affiliated companies is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer.
Blizzard Entertainment® is a premier developer and publisher of entertainment software. After establishing the Blizzard Entertainment label in 1994, the company quickly became one of the most popular and well-respected makers of computer games. By focusing on creating well-designed, highly enjoyable entertainment experiences, Blizzard Entertainment has maintained an unparalleled reputation for quality since its inception.